Job title: Webmaster and IT Officer
Hours: 15 hours per week
Reports to: Outreach and Communication Officer
• Administer and manage PI´s web platform (WordPress CMS)
• Plan, design and develop improvements to PI websites in coordination with Outreach Officer and Executive Direction.
• Develop and code web solutions on request of the Outreach Officer, Protection Desks
and other thematic units.
• Fix bugs and monitor the overall performances of the websites.
• Manage the email accounts for PI staff.
• Master PI’s web-presence: support colleagues responsible for content of particular sites
• Liaise with the host for technical issues, updates, certificates and DNS renewals and requests by PI staff.
• Develop an encryption culture within the staff, support people on the field on encrypting and safe communication.
• Organize the internal communication of PI (Intranet, exchange of documents, etc.).
• Manage the technical aspects of PI database. Investigate – and develop – a secure and
Education and experience required
• Degree in web development.
• Experience in working with a CMS and with social media and web-publications platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, etc.).
• Experience of network administration.
• Experience with encryption.
• Three to five years of experience in website development.
• Ability to work in English and French. Spanish highly appreciated too.
• Broad knowledge of software and web platforms, languages and functionalities.
Minimum requirements are:
– WordPress (with an ability to adapt to other CMS)
– GIT versioning system
– MySql and similar databses tools
– MSOffice (Access, Word, Excel)
– Illustrator, InDesign , Photoshop (photo grading, basic knowledge) or open-source alternatives (Gimp).
– Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, Youtube.
– Thunderbird, Mail.
– Creativity in finding open-source/free solutions in a working environment where communication budgets may fluctuate.
• Self-motivated, innovative and independent worker.
• Ability to work in a small team.
• Dedication to support PD teams.
• Capacity to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
• Knowledge of encryption softwares (TrueCrypt, PGP, etc.)
• Knowledge of frameworks such as Django or Ruby-on-Rails (exploration of the
future of the PI website).
• Knowledge of Mailchimp and BitBucket.
• Following new developments in Social Media and Internet.
Deadline for application: September 15, 2013.
Please send your CV and cover letter with your motivation to: